Nigerian make distinction at Hopkins University, USA.

A 22 year old Nigerian, the best graduating student at John Hopkins University in the U.S
Emmanuel Ohuabunwa, a native of Arochukwu, Abia State has made Nigeria proud by making the history in becoming the first black man to make a GPA of 3.98 on a 4 point scale. Ohuabunwa graduated from Neuroscience with the highest honor. With a academic result so excellent, Emmanuel received a scholarship for Yale University in the United States with admission to study Medicine.
Emmanuel who was born in Lagos, Nigeria and moved to the United States with his parents at the age of thirteen stated he saw his parents as his role model. He stated he takes his education very seriously right from the get go.
“I knew I wanted to go to the best school in the US. I had heard that Johns Hopkins Hospital had been ranked the number one hospital in the US for the past 21 years and I wanted to be in that environment.’’ He decided that working hard is one way he can achieve this dream especially realizing that his parents might not be able to afford such prestigious institution”
“As at the time of my application for medical school, I had a 3.98 GPA of a 4.0. This made me the only black student inducted into the prestigious Phi Beta Kappa. I was also awarded the Becker Family Scholarship for being the most outstanding student in the Neuroscience major at Johns Hopkins University. Furthermore, by God’s grace, I took the MCAT and scored in the top five percentile”
“That, combined with my hours of volunteer service in different hospitals across the US allowed me to gain acceptance into every medical school I applied to, including Harvard, Yale, Johns Hopkins, Columbia, and Cornell. As the time came to make a decision, I had narrowed it down to Harvard and Yale. Both schools, I enjoyed visiting. Nevertheless, while my parents prayed, they asked God to give us a sign of what school to attend. A few days later, I received a letter from Yale Medical School, offering me a full ride scholarship for all four years. That was the sign from God,” he said.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vote but be bright

Do you Value Prof. Wole Soyinka?

The death of my parents changed me.