The death of my parents changed me.

How much how parents mean to us we do not know. As an undergraduate in one of the most respected universities in Nigeria. Their demise has created an earthquake in my life. They were my friends, mentors, who did all they can for my sake.  I was always encouraged by my parents since childhood. How would I survive after their death? I always thought.
  I have always been a very bright and intelligent student. I had A's in my examinations. I was always determined to be the first. After their demise, things started changing. I cared less about my academic excellence, their memories I could not delete. What a cruel world I live in! All my family members deserted me and my siblings. I am nowhere to be recognised again. Sadness along with tears became my partner. Now I wonder if there is anything important to do in my little world.
  Though I was reluctant to share this with Imodola, I plead on you all to always cherish your parents. You won't know their worth until you see their empty rooms.
 

By: Anonymous


Comments

Jamiu said…
All is gonna be fine. Don't lose hope

Popular posts from this blog

Vote but be bright

Do you Value Prof. Wole Soyinka?