The envious world

They glower at me
Every moment of my life
Envious of Allah's blessings on me
Trying to make me feel inferior
But all superior is Allah
The one who has blessed me.

They gossip and backbite me
Trying to plant hatred towards me
But All knowledgeable is Allah
The one who gifted me.

They monitor my activities
Trying to find my mistakes
Then they insult me
Making mockery of me
But most patient is Allah
The one who endowed me.

They compare me with bad things
Though a fly they can't create
Yet they complain of my look
Wanting to make me ungrateful
But All-forgiving is Allah
The one who created me

Had they opened their eyes
It would have been clear to them
For they are endowed
With gift greater than mine
For most merciful is Allah
The one who created us.

Blind they are to it
As envying others matters most

Author: Imodola


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vote but be bright

Do you Value Prof. Wole Soyinka?

Ola-Gbadamosi Ridwan Oladotun, LASU Best Graduating Student Speaks